Ambassadors for the Environment European Network of Small Islands and Mountain Schools
GREEN S.E.E.D.S. aims at connecting decentralized schools, thanks to the modelling of a pathway of encounter, dialogue and planning between teachers and pupils from different countries. Breaking isolation also means networking at European level, to promote the project results, foster further transnational collaboration between remote schools, influence policies, both at local and European level.
The Network will join small schools throughout Europe, in order to:
- disseminate the project results and encourage their replicability;
- support collaboration for future experiences between remote schools in different countries;
- build synergies with local and national networks already committed to the project goals;
- support pupils’ concern on local environmental heritage and its protection, building synergies to address also schools in town;
- promote advocacy and influence policies, both at local and European level.
Participation in the Network requires adherence to its principles, with two different levels of commitment: the signing of the GREEN S.E.E.D.S. Manifesto – an agreement on principles - and of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), for those who intend to be more involved in the process.
- The Manifesto sums up the founding principles of the project, in the light of teachers and pupils' experience during its implementation. Schools are asked to endorse them subscribing a declaration of interest, in order to be able to be updated and invited to take part in the initiatives that will take place in the project follow-up.
- Sign the Manifesto
- Memorandum of Understanding
- The Memorandum of Understanding complements the Manifesto and may be signed not only by schools but also by institutions at local and national level that identify with the values and objectives of the project. The subscribers of the MoU will be – in the follow up phase - the actors of future projects and strategies aiming at implementing the Network and including the local dimension into the European strategy for education and environment, also through new European projects.
- Sign the MoU