The European Network of Small Islands and Mountain Schools of the project GREEN S.E.E.D.S.
The European project GREEN S.E.E.D.S. connected decentralized schools, through paths of encounter, dialogue, planning and implementation between teachers and pupils from different countries.
Breaking isolation also means networking at European level, not only to promote the project results and foster further transnational collaboration, but also to influence policies, both at local and European level.
Starting from the project partners, we are laying the foundations for the establishment of the GREEN S.E.E.D.S. EU-Net-SIMS "European Network of Mountain and Small Island Schools of the project GREEN S.E.E.D.S", based on its assumptions and principles, as a common space of sharing and planning, aimed at connecting small schools from all over Europe, in order to:
- continue the experience of GREEN S.E.E.D.S., supporting collaboration between schools and the planning of new projects and activities, with a focus on environment, both at local and international level;
- disseminate the project methods, tools and results and encourage their replicability;
- build synergies with local and national networks already involved in the project's issues;
- support pupils' interest in their local environmental heritage and its protection, building synergies to dialogue also with pupils in schools located in urban contexts;
- promote advocacy and influence policies, both at local and European level.
Participation in the Network requires adherence to its principles, with two different levels of commitment: the signing of the GREEN S.E.E.D.S. Manifesto – an agreement on principles - and of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), for those who intend to be involved in the project follow up.
- The Manifesto sums up the founding principles of the project, in the light of teachers and pupils' experience during its implementation. Its subscription is an expression of interest, in order to be updated on the initiatives that will take place in the follow-up phase of the project
- Sign the Manifesto
- Memorandum of Understanding
- The signing of the Manifesto may be complemented by the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding, addresses not only schools, but also local authorities, institutions, associations at local and national level which identify with the project values and objectives. The signatories of the Declaration of Intent will participate - in the follow up phase - in the planning of educational activities and new projects, both at local and European level, aimed at implementing the Network and including the local dimension in the European strategy for education and the environment.
- Sign the MoU