Author: 1st Grade Lower Secondary, Olympion High School, CY
PARTNERS: 3rd Grade Lower Secondary, 1st Grade Upper Secondary,
Volissos High School, GR; 1st Grade Upper Secondary, SS Vela Luka, HR.
Ophelia2, CC BY-SA 3.0 , via Wikimedia Commons
The students explored a very interesting topic, which is already included in the subject of History. The ultimate goal was to become familiar with this topic and with the process of finding information. They explored the surrounding area of Choirokoitia, a Neolithic settlement in the province of Larnaca in Cyprus.
In order to complete this activity, the students were divided into groups. Each group addressed different topics such as:
- The choice of the location.
- How the environment affects the choice of the location for the construction of a settlement.
- Environment & work (what work did they do and how did their environment influence them to do the specific work?)
- Environment & tools (what tools did they use and where did they find the materials to make them?)
- Environment & nutrition (what did they eat and where did they find their food?)
- Environment & clothing (how were they dressed and where did they find the materials?)
- Environment & art (the works of art, the materials they used, how they were obtained)